Popular Posts

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Who am I? Writerly Biography for Jan 20th

     My name is Penny LeAnn Elifrits, 39 years ago in Chillicothe Missouri I was born. The only place I actually remember being from is Fillmore, Missouri. I went to school here from the first grade to graduation day in May of 1989. I was always a little backward and unsure of myself in high school so it made it a little hard. However, Fillmore C-1 was a very small school with a total of twenty-seven high school students my senior year. Talk about an eye opener when I got out into the real world.
      Since those days I have learned that life isn't what is given to you, it is what you take from it. If you don't like what you are doing, change it. If you don't like how someone treats you, it is their problem, never make it yours and if you don't make the first move, someone else will.
      I have been many things in 39 years, a daughter,sister, friend, wife, ex-wife, mother, student, wife, ex-wife, again. I know it is funny but those are very important relationships that have made me who I am. They are all part of what makes me me, what makes me think the way I do about somethings, what makes me feel I am able to have an opinion or voice.
     I am also a full time student and a small business owner. I live in a small town, which I love and hate. I am trying to improve my life and that of my son's. I am hoping that in showing him that no matter what the risk is usually worth it.
     I have been an avid reader for years, it is my escape from the world. I like to get lost in other people's worlds and minds, as long as it is fiction. I am a new member of the non-fiction world, thanks to my english professor in college. I have written very little, some notes here and there and sometimes I would put my thoughts on paper, when they got to jumbled to think through. However, I didn't know the proper way to put them to paper. I guess that is why I like my english classes so much, I love the process and the thought that someone might be interested in what I have to say, it is exciting to me.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Penny,

    Welcome back! I'm happy that you have chosen to enroll in 104 with me again this semester. It will certainly be a different experience than 100 as you may have already noticed.

    You described yourself as a reader now. Did the winter break allow you sometime to read? If so, what is that?

    I should also commend you on doing a fine job in 100. You did very well with your last two task papers and I expect to see the same here.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually read a crapy historical romance, I know mindless drivel. I had to see what happened at the end. I always have to know the endings!!! I read facebook also, does that count. Humor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Penny,

    Facebook probably does count as humor, satire even. I'm glad to hear that you are reading.

    Ms. C

    ReplyDelete